Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Idea Behind Her Writing Nook

Each time I've had a new blog (okay it wasn't that many times, just like 3 or 4) - it has taken me ages to actually think of a name. But for this blog, somehow it took less than a minute.
I was already on the blogger page and the 'blog name' tab popped up in my view. I thought about keeping it something obscure like the other ones but decided to just keep it simple.

Her writing nook.

This is a place for me to write whatever comes to mind, no need for any filters or overthinking (a problem I often face). Blogging and writing was a huge passion of mine, and I looked through my old blogger recently and thought back to those days. It's hard to make sense of what I felt because my thoughts were being pulled into two directions. One part of me was like "I think i've grown from this type of content and that was the teenage me and it was good while it lasted". But then another part of me was like "oh gosh I miss just typing and letting the words flow out of me and not caring what people will think about my words".

I have spent AGES either not writing, or writing while thinking. My casual blogging turned into proper article writing and having to be mindful of what I say. I guess you can say I started writing for an audience, and not for myself.

And if I'm perfectly honest, I want to be selfish with my writing too. 

I have a website/blog that I invested time and money in, and I'm still working on that and have gained a good following. But it almost feels like work. Each article is something to think thoroughly about before posting, and then the stress of actually getting people to read it is so unnecessary. 

I'm hoping through this blog I can go back to loving writing and being confident in it.
To not over-thinking and just expressing.
To doing it for the right reasons and not to gain popularity or people's approval.

Most of all, I just want to practice writing as much as I can - without worrying about who's reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are we really surprised?

So I ended up ditching this blog. Has it really been almost 7 months since I last posted?! Time seems to be a blur these days. We are still ...