Friday, June 5, 2020

Slowly moving on...

This blog is turning more into a journal than anything else. But who cares? As long as I'm writing something. Because I tell myself to write what I'm thinking and usually what i'm thinking about is what is going on in my life.

Update from the last post, I'm feeling a little better about everything. I finally spoke to my mom today, after a long time. And even though by the end she just had to like hang up on me because I kept ranting.. it stills good. I got out what I needed to say and I feel some clarity. Until now I wasn't even sure if my parents are okay with us staying with them, and today she told me that they were. Of course, my cat is still an issue. So I've started looking into cat boarding places (as opposed to just hoping someone will take him for a not-so-short while). 

Maybe I'll feel better if he's nearby and being loved by someone, BUT I can still go and meet him for a while. Also, it gives us time to decide and figure out where our own lives are heading, and how he fits into that. The biggest thing is that i've accepted that I cannot keep him with me for a long time after this month, and although that hurts I need to prioritise finding some sort of financial stability in these uncertain times, and also being there for my parents because even though i was upset with them all these days, I have actually missed them a lot. This is the longest I haven't seen them I think since I was born! (Around 3 months).

Also I was talking about work that I feel a little useless, well this week turned out to be super busy actually and I just collaborated in a big way towards a proposal we had to send it. Alhamdulilah it actually feels really good to work hard and get something done. So all good there too.

Still have to come up with that writing topics list that I mentioned though!
Or.. maybe it's nice to just write whatever comes to mind? Like I am now. But I worry then that it will all just be about my personal life. Not even that, it would just be about my daily personal life. So that's not really what I wanted practice in writing.

I have posted a quote one the black lives matter movement going on right now. Honestly I don't feel like I'm doing enough. But I'm learning a lot and reflecting on the desi perception of black people. The fairness creams. The jokes on being 'kaali' etc.

I will post another blog with a list of topics soon and get started on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are we really surprised?

So I ended up ditching this blog. Has it really been almost 7 months since I last posted?! Time seems to be a blur these days. We are still ...